1 chicken ~ cut to small pieces
2 onions ~ chopped
4 garlics ~ chopped
2 star anise (bunga lawang)
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon ground fennel (serbuk jintan manis)
4 cups water
2.5 cm ginger ~ sliced
250 g potato ~ cubed
1 teaspoon light soya sauce + salt + white pepper
1. Marinate the chicken with the light soya sauce mixture for 20 minutes.
2. Heat a bit of oil and add in star anise, cloves, cardamons. Then add the chopped onion and garlic and sliced ginger.
3. Add in the white pepper and fennel.
4. Add in chicken and fry till slightly cooked.
5. Pour in the water and add potatoes and salt. Let it boil and potatoes cooked.
6. When serving, garnish with chopped spring onions.
How I did mine.... (mine = Mamafami's)
1. I pounded the onion, garlic and ginger.
2. I substitute the white pepper and ground fennel with a teaspoon of rempah sup.
3. I added 1/2 chicken cube.